Dr. Elizabeth Weaver helps young adults navigate their health and medical concerns in a relatable way.
Adolescence is a sensitive time, and young adults have unique health needs that require compassionate care from an understanding and accepting doctor. Dr. Weaver offers a supportive, age-appropriate approach to make your teen feel at home at the practice.
Adolescent medicine includes age-specific care for those ages 11 to 21, including:
- Annual and sports physicals
- Well-child checkups
- Treatment for minor acute illness or injury
- Chronic illness management for conditions such as asthma and allergies
- Treatment for skin conditions such as eczema, rashes, and acne
- Gynecological/reproductive exams
- Birth control guidance
- STD testing
Dr. Weaver wants your teen to feel comfortable talking to her about anything, and she provides a safe place to do so. She is a confidential advisor regarding mental and reproductive health issues and also acts as an advocate and counselor for adolescents, helping them make the best decisions regarding their health.
Adolescent care also deals with issues and information surrounding
- Sexual health
- Substance use prevention
- Mental health
- Eating disorders
- Learning or attention troubles