Physicals and Wellness Exams
We believe that good medicine doesn’t just mean treating disease but instead considers all aspects of health: mind, body, and spirit.
Timely, consistent healthcare and a trusted doctor-patient relationship can help you prevent and manage illness, adopt healthy habits, and stay informed about your own health.
Our wellness exams include:
- Thorough, annual physical exams
- Preventive screenings
- Cancer screenings
- Well-woman exams
- Well-child exams
- Annual exams
Contact the practice online or over the phone to schedule these appointments.
The importance of annual wellness exams
- Dr. Weaver believes that good medicine doesn’t just mean treating disease but instead considers all aspects of health: mind, body, and spirit.
- Annual wellness exams allow Dr. Weaver to take a preventive approach to your healthcare, helping identify health concerns before they negatively impact your health and quality of life.
- Dr. Weaver suggests screenings based on your age, risk factors, current symptoms, or previous medical history.
- Annual wellness exams are also an excellent opportunity to develop your relationship with Dr. Weaver, address any issues you’ve been having, answer questions and provide information about your health, and focus on your health-related goals.
What to expect at an annual wellness exam
During your wellness exam, Dr. Weaver reviews your health history and current medications and asks about your wellness and lifestyle. She performs a thorough physical exam.
Depending on your specific needs, Dr. Weaver performs a tailored observatory and physical exam and screenings. If the results of your exam indicate risk factors or you have concerns, Dr. Weaver addresses them with the appropriate treatment or further testing. She may recommend that you make lifestyle adjustments, take preventive medication, and schedule follow-ups.
Dr. Weaver works with a network of other professionals to promote your overall wellness. If you need additional support after your wellness exam, she can refer you to medical specialists, registered dietitians, therapists, acupuncturists or exercise instructors.
Your child’s safety is the core consideration of a sports physical. The exam allows Dr. Weaver to assess your child’s physical preparedness for sports and provide insight into any of your child’s health issues that could impact their participation, such as asthma, allergies, or previous injuries.
Most states and athletic organizations require a physical to clear your child to play organized sports. Even if your child isn’t required, Dr. Weaver recommends getting one before starting any new sport, particularly if your child has not had a recent wellness exam.